I was supposed to finish reading the book of Nehemiah on 10th this month. But I ran behind schedule due to alot of things that came up that I’m currently working on.
The good news is that I didn’t give up, I was able to finish what I started. And I must confess I’m really proud of myself.
I used to be the kind of woman that loved to leave things pending. Like I start something and I leave it on the way. I commit to something and I don’t see it through the end.
And I have been working on that area of my life. And I thank God for his grace, because your girl has changed alot. She makes sure she accomplishes everything she starts no matter how small it is.
These are some of the lessons I was able to learn from Nehemiah, from chapter 1 to 13.
- Always ask God for direction through prayers before partaking any task.
- Invest time is assessing your plans, make sure you understand it before jumping right into it or before implementation.
- When we seek God and surrender our plans to him. God will establish it.
- Just because God’s favour is upon your vision/ plans doesn’t mean you will not experience challenges.
- In the midst of challenges let your focus remain in God alone as you keep working on your plans.
- Quit listening to the discouraging voices, focus on seeking God and finding solutions in the midst of challenges.
- Starve your distraction and focus on your vision.
- Do everything in reverence for God. Always choose what is fair and right no matter what. And the Lord’s favour will always be with you.
- Sometimes the enemy gets intimidated by what God is doing in your life or through you. He therefore plans ways to attack you.
- Always stand firm and ask God for wisdom on how to handle the attacks.
- Partnering with God will help you triumph over the threats of the enemy.
- Just because a deal seems too good and favourable, doesn’t mean it’s from God or doesn’t mean it’s really good for you and your vision.
- Your community of friends should be composed of people with integrity, and those that fears the Lord. Those are the ones you should put around your vision.
- Who you choose to walk with in your vision matters.
- The joy of the Lord should be your strength.
- After God has helped you accomplish your plans/ goals, always remember to give a sacrifice of thanksgiving and celebrate God’s faithfulness.
- God’s faithfulness should bring you more close to him through faith.
- Always remember to keep the covenant you made with God.
I hope you find this useful as you apply it on your day to day life.
But I will encourage you to take time and read it by yourself. The holy Spirit may reveal some lessons to you that are not in mine.
It’s always good to read the word by yourself and not to depend on others interpretation. Because God yearns to also connect with you and speak to you through his word..
Goodbye and God bless you.